This past week was American Education Week and it was suggested to post a” Why I teach?” Blog. I pondered this notion for the entire week…I realize, as an educator that people probably think most teachers should easily be able to spew a monologue about all the reasons why they teach. I love being a teacher, don’t get me wrong, but I admit that I gave this a lot of thought…it took me awhile to come up with this one. I want to be honest, relevant, and real. These examples are based on my personal experiences as an educator within this past month. So here it goes… Why I teach?
- To mentor and care for the students who come to school because “its their happy place.”
- To support the teachers who want to become better for their students and pursue the most rigorous professional development, National Board Certification, on their first, their second, and sometimes third attempt…So inspiring..Wow!
- To learn from the inspirational experiences while also growing from professional humility, witnessing friends rise to prestigious recognition such as Teacher of the Year while learning and reflecting from my personal experiences, such as being rejected as Teacher or the Year. yet I‘m still here and still growing as an educator.
- To serve as a leader and collaborator in my own community of practice, my school, my network of educators, and my own personal community.
- To work hard, teach hard, and enjoy the moments that no other profession gives… I get to experience the smiles, the laughter and the “oh now I get it Ms. Diaz!” moments!
This is why I teach.
Interesting essay samples and examples on: https://essays.io/questionnaire-examples-samples/